Monday, January 4, 2010

The little things...

I was blog hopping and stumbled upon Susie and her "little things" ....
It is often the hurried lives we live that often make us not embrace the "little things"... sometimes these "little things" can often be perceived as something frustrating or bothersome... but when you really stop and think about it... it is something important...

like....

*when it isnt even 5am and my 5 year old little girl quietly climbs over the gate in the hallway without hurting herself... and climbs in to bed with me. Warm and cozy, taking up most of my 1/2 of the bed.... perfect.

*my 5 year old won't fall back asleep at not even 5am. She wants something to eat and to watch The Little Mermaid on The Disney Channel... with LOTS of volume. I can hear her little teeth crunching her cinnamon toast crunch.... then she wants a drink... even though it is tough at almost 5 am... she is so innocent and peaceful. And her face is so sweet and fresh. Even though it is irritating to be up so early, it is a special time.

*When daddy gets up to go to work, I grab my still awake 5 year old and bring her back to bed with me. She snuggles, and wriggles, and puts her arm over my back. She nuzzles her head in to my neck and I can hear her sweet breathing. And her little conversations about nothing much at all. It is now past 6am. It is OK though. This is a quiet, special time.... and she will only be "just 5 years old" now and never again.... and it is perfect.

So, do you have any "little things" that can often be overlooked....

One more for good measure...

*while cleaning out the couch cushions looking for that missing Leapster game... even though I KNOW I have looked there... and I know my effort will be fruitless.... my son finds a piece of a dog treat and starts running through the house calling "Rosa" and "Hudson" as best as a newly 2 year old can.... and the sweet thrill of victory when he was able to hand off to one of the eager pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment