Friday, August 28, 2009

Five Question Friday


I am joining in again for the five question friday held here.... hop on over and join the fun!



1. What is your favorite Holiday and why?

I have things I like about every single holiday! I guess I would have to say Christmas. It is just a magical time of year. The past few years the holidays have been less than pleasant due to our children being ill on the holidays. Last year my kids had conjunctivitis on Halloween, and Stomach flu on Christmas AND thanksgiving.... I love that my children all still "believe" (YES we do Santa around here) ... I love the joy they get when opening their gifts, I love the decorations, I love the enthusiasm in my husband when he is decorating the yard and planning how he can make it better the following year. this will be our last year decorating our awesome pine tree in our side yard. I love spending time with my family when we can. It is just awesome to celebrate the birth of Christ... and the messages we receive during the holidays at church.... everything about it is incredible!

BUT I do LOVE HALLOWEEN! The stores are filling up with all the orange and black and purple! SO AWESOME!


2. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

I would have to say.... my parents and spouse. Without them, I dont know where I would be. They support me when things are bad, they commend me when I achieve, they lift me up when I am sad... they give me advice when I need it. I continue to look to my parents for support and they are there for me without a doubt whenever I need it... I have been blessed with great parents and a wonderful husband. Even when we dont agree, I know they all still love me. Regardless. ALL of them. My husband works hard for our family, does his best to better himself and in the meantime, he urges me to better myself .... I love them all!


3. If you could give up one household chore forever, what would it be?

DISHES GOOD LORD I HATE THEM


4. What is the BEST practical joke you have ever been a part of, on the giving OR receiving end?

Hmm.. Practical Joke???? I dont recall a practical joke... I do recall my mom and my husband (who was my fiance at the time) SCHEMING and getting him to Rhode Island from Hawaii so that he could spend christmas and New year's with me... and attend my sisters wedding. JERKS! LOL! I was SO surprised. They actually did that to me MORE tHAN ONCE.... It was funny because I WAS SO MAD because I could not get in touch with Chris... little did I know he was on airplanes making his way back to see me!


5. Where (or how) did you meet your spouse?

I met my hubby on a blind date that was set up by my sister and her boyfriend (now husband)... January 1998... horrible ice storm. He was scared because all he knew was that he was meeting a rugby player at her parents house! That was a very awkward date.... it was a double date with my sis... I decided a couple weeks later to give it another shot and NOT go to a night club and just get to know him.... we have been together ever since (2/14/1998).... amazing. I knew that night (2/14) that I was going to marry him!


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. That's funny that you were getting mad and frustrated with your hubby, while he was trying his hardest to surprise you. My hubby has done that too. Sometimes they would get back a day or so early from being underway. He would call and say he was finally reaching coastal range and could I go pick up something on Water Street...where his cutter would dock up. I'd get there and there he would be! :) Very nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise dusting... and I think Christmas is my favorite, but I really like Halloween as well!! Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete