Friday, July 3, 2009

What a day!

Well, it started out with me finding out my cell phone had something wrong with it. I opened the cell phone and couldnt see anything on the screen. I pressed the numbers and those were still working so I dialed my house and it rang... so, I thought everything was all good.

I brought Chris to his surgery for his hand and dropped him off and told him to give them the number to my cell phone because I had some errands to run for tomorrow (today! ACK!) ... so, I called my mom to let her know I had dropped Chris off for his appointment and well... she couldn't hear me!!!! ACK!!!! Guess I wasnt going to do my errands and had to go get a new phone! Well.. since I had bought the cell phone not long ago when I had lost my old one (and have since found it) I was not due to get an upgrade and would have to pay the retail price for a phone. I have the old phone but I needed a phone that worked in case the hospital called me to pick Chris up. The old phone was dead as a doornail! Ugh. So, I had them assign a new number to my old phone and I will use it for emergency situations for the girls if I end up having to leave them somewhere like girl scouts or something. Soccer? Who knows. They are getting older and schedules are becoming more ridiculous with the extracurricular activities and what not. So. I got another phone. It actually has one of those text keyboard thingies. I dont know what kind of keyboard it has but. Whatever. My sister stopped by and I was at the bookstore with the kiddies. I told her to stay put and I would be home in 10 minutes to visit with her. I got to my house and no sooner was I here and they called (on the NEW cell phone) for me to pick up Chris! It was wonderful that she was able to stay with the kiddies while I went and got Chris. Thank you Alison!

So... anyways. I come home and next thing I know, I thought Hudson let out a green cloud... then we saw the poop tracks all over the house. Because Kiley has been guilty of it before, I thought she was trying to hide the fact she had tracked the poo because she suddenly was in her socked feet! Nope. No poop. OK... looks like the pup dropped a turd at the end of the hall and it got tracked around. Oh my god. I had been down the hallway. I assumed I couldnt have tracked poo because I had not been in the backyard to gain the prize of poo shoes. OMG. IT WAS ME. I had managed to step in the lost turd at the end of the hallway in the darkness. YUCK! So, my poor hubby and his broken hand sat in the girls room and watched animal planet while I steam cleaned my living room and hallway! YUCKO! Ah well...

Then... I go shopping with the 3 girls while the baby sleeps and that is just not even cool when it is the day before the 4th and I have just had too much caffeine. I felt so anxious. Guess I shouldnt have so much!

I come home and we carry on the rest of the evening. The kids painted pet rocks with the neighbors and then we go out for an awesome dinner at applebees. Our new Taco Bell opened and the line has just been INCREDIBLE all night. How have they NOT run out of food yet??? I am sure they done have any nachos left. There is no way!

I come home and the girls decide to watch Michael Jackson's Dangerous (at the 2:11 mark on that video)while I am giving the baby a bath. He was covered in dinner and bubbles. Kiley gave him bubbles in the car. Yeah. That is all I have to say. Chris freaked out as we were going over the Bridge from New London because he saw something and it shocked him! I was laughing SO hard because I knew at that point the baby had gotten the bubbles... one floated up in front of his face. LOL LOL .. . you had to be there.. I told him it was the dope from his surgery.

So, as I am sitting in the bathroom with the baby in the tub.. Kiley comes in and is re-enacting the Dangerous video and I am ROLLING... I get the old digital camera of mine which has been sitting on the table for a good number of days and THE SCREEN DOESNT WORK! WHAT THE HECK? Did we have some kind of surge run through the house and TOAST my Camera AND my cell phone? Oh, and the cell phone.. the BATTERY Was wet!?!??! THE BRAND NEW ONE that JUST came in the mail, I had opened the phone and it had made this white streakish stuff on the screen. Thought the new battery just went kaput.... so, I plugged it in... how did it get wet between the new battery going in and me charging it?!?!?!? GEESH!

back to the camera... I made a little film of Kiley... I dont know if it worked. I could still hear the camera making the noises it should make but I dont know yet if it recorded her impersonation of MJ. What I do know is it is risque... omg. HILARIOUS.... she even talked like him...

I would share it if CPS wouldn't come get me! LOL!

Now I need to go to bed. I am almost done with Breaking Dawn.


  1. Sounds like a funny video! That is quite a bunch of stuff going on to deal with!!!! Happy 4th!

  2. You seriously need to get insurance for your cell phones ;). We pay $6 extra a month for each phone to have insurance. If we lose it, drop it down the stairs, drop it in the toilet, or anything happens to it we either get it fixed or replaced for free. A few years ago right after getting Joe's brand new phone he slipped on a wet floor at work and landed on his behind with his phone in his back pocket. It broke the screen and we ended up getting the phone completely replaced free of charge. It wouldn't have cost us anything anyways because Joe would have made work pay for it since there was no wet floor sign up, but still it was nice to not have to go through that fight with his work to get his phone replaced. So I highly recommend looking into insurance for your phones. With kids around especially it surely has to come in handy. And it's gotta be cheaper than having to keep replacing the phone, right?